General Support for Parents and Families
If you are worried about the safety or welfare of a child please contact NSPCC on:
0808 800 5000 or https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
Alcohol and Drug Concerns
- If you are concerned that you or someone else has a problem with alcohol, there is a lot of support available. Information and advice can be found here: www.drinkaware.co.uk/advice
- Free and confidential advice for drug issues can be accessed at: https://www.wearewithyou.org.uk/
- For support and advice for any issues with drugs contact Talk to Frank on 0300 123 6600 or follow the link to their website: https://www.talktofrank.com/
Debt, Benefits & Housing
- If you have lost your income or are on a low income, you may be entitled to financial help through Universal Credit. Also view other benefits you may be able to claim.
Telephone 0345 600 0723 or use the following link: Universal Credit application
- Local support for a range of practical issues including debt and benefits, housing, relationships, accessing counselling, and training and work.
- National Debt Line offers free, confidential debt advice
Tel: 0808 808 4000
- CAP Centre in Dartford offers debt advice and can negotiate affordable repayments with creditors, as well as manage correspondence and payments.
Tel: 0800 328 0006
Cruse Bereavement Care offer support to help cope with bereavement. https://www.cruse.org.uk/
The Good Grief Trust is run by the bereaved for the bereaved.
Young Minds offers help and advice if your child has experienced bereavement or loss. https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-guide-to-support-a-z/parents-guide-to-support-grief-and-loss/
- For advice and to book a test visit the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Dartford Borough Council - A range of local and national information and services to support families during this challenging time. https://www.dartford.gov.uk/by-category/business2/business-support-and-advice/covid-19-and-our-community
- Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council - A range of local and national information and services to support families during this challenging time.
Anyone at risk from domestic abuse can access urgent support from all Boots pharmacies, and many independent pharmacies, by asking for 'ANI'. (ANI stands for Action Needed Immediately). By asking for 'ANI', you will be discreetly taken to a private space where trained staff will provide immediate support.
If you are experiencing domestic abuse, support is available 24 hours a day, on freephone: 0808 2000 247 https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, CALL 999.
- For life threatening emergencies only, dial 999
- Non emergency police issues dial 101
- Non emergency medical issues dial 111
- City of David Church, Tel: 01322 225850
- Mary's Child can help with food and home goods; St. Mary's Church, Greenhithe Tel: 01322 382031
- Salvation Army, (Sue) Tel: 07796 718645
- Gateway Church, Tel: 01322 292097
- St. Edmunds Church, (Reverend Mandy Young) Tel: 07551 993619
- Kent Together Tel: 03000 419 292
- F.E.A.S.T. , Tonbridge Methodist Church, Tel: 07704 661191 http://www.feast.org.uk/
- Sustain Community Food Bank, Tel: 01732 352824
- Pembury Community Larder, Tel 01892 825590
- Tunbridge Wells Nourish Food Bank, Tel 01892 548892
- Kent Together Tel: 03000 419 292
Find a foodbank tool using a postcode: https://www.kent.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/care-and-support/benefits/home-essentials-in-a-crisis/find-a-foodbank
Free School Meals
Apply and check your eligibility for free school meals: https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/free-school-meals
If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness:
DARTFORD: please visit https://www.dartford.gov.uk/by-category/housing2/housing/housing-advice/homelessness or email call 01322 343434.
TONBRIDGE: please visit https://www.tmbc.gov.uk/services/housing/housing-advice/homelessness-prevention or phone the housing team on 01732 876067.
24-hour helpline set up to support vulnerable people in Kent who need urgent help, supplies or medication. Tel: 03000 41 92 92. www.kent.gov.uk/KentTogether
Kent Children & Families Social Services can be contacted on 03000 41 23 23 or email: email@example.com